Source: Pat Fifield
Just had to share this well-written blog by TrulyYoursJen.com
Source: A Perpetual State of Honeymoon
I’ve been a fan of Lil Ralph for a few years now. He sings to the heart of every woman in this moving song.
HUNKY HERO #1
Jace Montgomery in Wishes by Jude Deveraux
Dear Readers, when I’m choosing my favorite Hunky Heroes, I’m not basing it on only their looks (although I know that some romance readers use that as their prime criteria for ‘hunkiness,’ and there are plenty of wonderfully written books that lean in that direction.) No, I’m basing it on how I would want the man in my life to be. Do I personally want a guy who goes off somewhere for hours or even days at a time in a brooding manner? Nope. Do I want a guy who does not accept “no” as an answer? Not ever. Do I want a guy who can’t seem to make up his mind about me? Not in this lifetime. So, what am I looking for?
Here it is:
Hero: a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.
Noble: having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals.
Synonyms: righteous, virtuous, good, honorable, upright, decent, worthy, moral, ethical, reputable, honest, trustworthy, compassionate, empathetic.
This is how Goodreads starts their blurb about Wishes:
“Jace Montgomery was a stranger in Chandler. Tall, proud, and ruggedly handsome, he would make any woman’s heart beat faster…”
And I agree completely!
However, what really makes this hunk a hero, is the fact that his heart is so good! He’s intelligent, he’s protective, he’s been through one of life’s most difficult struggles, and yet he’s mostly cheerful, and he has integrity. He loves Nellie for her spirit, her caring, her curves, as well as her cooking. Jude Deveraux truly understands how to write a great hero!
And there are several others in agreement with me!
Codi Gary, a wonderful romance writer, put it so eloquently in her article on http://www.everafterromance.com/swoon-worthy-hero-jace-montgomery-jude-deveraux-wishes/
Jace’s Swoon-Worthy traits are as follows…
- Jace is smart. He sees right through people and can read them like a book. He knew that Terel and her father were lying and manipulating Nellie, and wasn’t afraid to call them on it.
- Jace is a good man. After losing his wife and child, Jace has been lonely and living half a life until he meets Nellie, who reminds him that he still has a lot of love to give.
- Jace can sing, which is always swoon-worthy in my book.
- Jace is genuine and honest (except for a few little tricks to get Nellie alone.)
- Jace is protective and brave, the type of man who makes a woman feel special and safe…even if it takes a while for Nellie to realize that everything her family and the town says about him is wrong. That even when she has broken his heart, he still runs to her rescue.”
And this is why I’ve chosen Jace Montgomery as my first Hunky Hero!
Hi, blog readers! I’m starting a new blog series called “Hunky Heroes!” I’ll be picking my favorite heroes from various books I’ve read. These heroes will not only be from the Romance genre. I’ve already found several heroes from Adventure, SciFi, and Thrillers! Some of the things I look for in a hero (along with hunky-ness of course) are intelligence, compassion, humor, strength (both physically as well as mentally), and romance. I’d love to hear from you if you have a favorite hero you’d like me to write about!
OUTSTANDING blog on our current culture written by R.J. Ellory!
My mission is very simple: I want to kill a culture. I have been thinking about this for a long time and I believe I now have the key. It has to do with reading. It has to do with literacy.
Source: How to Kill a Culture—A Satire